The Cover Amount will be payable in full or in part on the Disability, ofthe Life assured due to an Accident, as defined.
- The Cover Amount is determined on the date of Disability of the Life Assured. The date of Disability must be confirmed by the Chief Medical Officer.
- In the case of Disability the Insurer shall be entitled to require that the Life Assured undergo a reasonable amount of re-skilling, at the cost of the person entitled to receive the benefit, before the Insurer admits the claim.
- In the case of Disability the Insurer shall be entitled to require that the Life Assured follow reasonable medical advice or undergo reasonable medical treatment, or both, at the cost of the person entitled to receive the benefit, to improve the Life Assured’s state of physical or mental health, before the Insurer admits the claim.
Exclusions under disability/ events when claims are not Payable
The benefit shall not be payable should the Disability of the Life assured be brought about or accelerated by:
- war (whether declared or not ); terrorist activity; riot; civil commotion; rebellion;
- radioactivity or nuclear explosion ;
- the violation of criminal law by the Life Assured;
- the intentional intake of alcohol, drugs, or inhalation of fumes;
- self-inflicted injury;
- any undisclosed risky activity which, may expose the Life Assured to a higher than average risk of injury;
- Where applicable, any one of the additional exclusion(s) referred to in the Schedule.