- The nature of the business or occupation of the employer.
- Past or previous death claims experience (if any).
- The age distribution of the scheme members.
- Medical underwriting based on the applicable FCL.
- Other benefits or riders to be covered.
- Members whose sums assured fall within the free cover limit are covered without any medical examination.
- Members whose sums assured exceed the free cover limit are required to do the applicable medical examination(s) to his level of sum assured.
- Forward Underwriting – say every 2 or 3 years
There may a need for financial underwriting for few members whose sums assured are highly disproportionate (very huge sums assured) when compared to the other members of the scheme.