What is normally not covered in a Motor Commercial Insurance


In addition to the exclusions which apply to the specific sections of cover, there are a number of general and market exclusions applicable to all sections of the policy, including:

  • Driving by unlicensed drivers
  • Use of the insured vehicle outside the uses that the policy permits
  • Contractual liability
  • War risks
  • Radioactive contamination and explosive nuclear assembly
  • Riot and civil commotion for own damage cover
  • Sonic bangs
  • Pollution and contamination unless arising from a single identifiable event
  • Using a vehicle in an unroadworthy condition. However, this is one of a number of circumstances, listed in the road traffic act, where the insurer must pay a claim and then seek to recover its outlay from the insured.

In addition any driver insured by the policy must hold, or have held, a license to drive the vehicle and not be disqualified from holding or obtaining such a license. The insured will not be indemnified if they know that the person driving the vehicle at the time does not hold a license. However, the insurer will be obliged to pay any claim and then seek recovery from the insured.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here