Funeral expense insurance policy is a type of life insurance designed to cover medical bills and funeral expenses when one passes away. This eases pressure on the family in case of untimely death. A Funeral expense policy is also known as burial, final or last expense insurance and is popular in developed economies. Post covid-19, human behavior is going to drastically change allowing changes in cultural practices. We have witnessed during this covid-19 the way families have been forced to bury the dead within 24hours. This basically means that there is no time to prepare for the burial hence there should be availability of ready resources. Most funeral Expense policies pay within 24hours after reporting death while others would do it within 48hours.
Most funeral expense plans have these features:
- Whole life insurance where there is no expiration of the policy as long as premiums are paid.
- Some policies will usually be in form of Cash value where the insured may be able to take out a policy loan against the policy
- Have Fixed premiums as long as they’re paid
- Have Simplified acceptance and issue as there is usually no medical examination required although a few health questions will normally be on the application
- The application process is normally easy.
- Fast approvals as policy can often be issued instantly
- Affordable premiums are paid